Friday, August 7, 2015

Tony Stark to the Rescue and Mom for the Win

Last Sunday was the best Sunday in a long time. Everything went so smoothly. The boys hardly fought. They got ready for church really well. We were all easy tempered. It was wonderful. Then came time to change out of church clothes. I pulled out the shirt, pictured below, for my oldest twin.

"What? I don't like orange!" He protested.
"This is the shirt Grandma bought for you come on, put it on."
"No!"

Hmm. . .well knowing he's an Iron Man fan. . .
"Look! Its like Iron Man!"
"Iron Man is red, not orange."

Darn! There was a time when orange counted as Iron Man's color for him. Now he has gotten smarter and more observent. But lets see. . .I may have one more trick up my sleeve. . .

"Oh my gosh! Do you see that? It says right here, on the tag, 'Official shirt of Tony Stark'."
"What? Where? I don't see it."

Do I dare to hope that his reading skills are such that I can still convince him the words on the tag say something they don't.

"I don't see Tony Stark on here."

Shoot! I'm loosing this game. Unless. . .

"Its written in a way so that only mom's can read it."

He's still not sold.

"Here let me go see if I can change it so you can see it too."

I run down stairs and search for a pen. A silver pen that will write on the dark tag. As luck would have it I find one. It doesn't write all that well, but I manage to get out a faint 'Tony Stark'. I run up stairs.

"I did my best. You can kind of see it now."

I hold the shirt out for him. He reads, "Tony Stark. Ok, I'll wear it!"

Success! Mom won this round!

No comments:

Post a Comment