Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What I'd Miss



I was thinking the other day about how hard it is to have 3 children, under the age of two, in the family. And I thought to myself, "I really can't think of any advantage to this."

Or can I?

I was changing one of the twins diapers, and the baby spit up, so I asked my little boy to go wipe up the baby while I finished with his brother. I beheld the sweetest sight in the world. Not only was he gentle, but he wiped up all the spit up- even what landed on the baby's arm. It truly amazed me!

There's a certain sweetness that comes from watching how mature a 20 month old child can be. It just amazes me to see what they are capable of. They rock the baby's car seat when he cries. The other day the baby was crying in his bassinet and one of the twins went in the room and patted him on the head. One night they played with the baby while he was in the swing. The pushed the swing way up, the baby would smile and the twins would smile back. It was so sweet to see three brother's so delighted with making each other smile. Then there was the night I was patting the baby's back to try and make him feel better, and one of the twins started to pat with me. It was just so cute.

The twins are both so attentive and good with their little brother. They always check on him when he cries, and they love to see him smile. Raising three children, under the age of 2, is an extremely difficult and trying time, but it's also wonderful in it's own way. If I could go back and change it I don't think I would.

1 comment: