Sunday, November 20, 2011



My new boss sent me a card, thanking my for all I sacrifice to come to work. A gesture that was very much appreciated by me! Along with that he also sent this quote, which I found to be truly inspiring.




People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of having selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do it anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in final analysis, it is between you and God; It never was between you and them. . .anyway.

~Mother Teresa

I want to be an honest person. I know discretion must still be practiced. Things don't always need to be said and some people just don't need to know everything. But I still like to know that I have been as honest as I can be. Even when it comes to small things like telling people how I'm doing or saying, "We should get together sometime."

Some may say this is not a world where honesty can reign free. That, in this world, being honest will cost you. You never know who you can trust, and you never know what conclusions people will draw.

I still feel that being honest is the best way to be. I don't want to hide things, or act ashamed. My husband may be the only person that I truly tell every single thing too, but I still feel it is important that I not hide it away, hoping no one will ever see.

Emotions, frustrations, actions are all human. We have all felt them. And having the courage to say, "Yes I did feel that way," I don't think is a bad thing.

I have gotten mostly good reactions from just being honest with people. And I feel better myself as well. I give thanks to Mother Teresa for her words that give me courage to continue being honest in a world that says I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment