Thursday, August 5, 2010

Help! My House is Under the Attack of Monster Mom!



Blah! I am not being a very good mom lately- in fact as I'm writing this I'm also listening to my crying child. When not pregnant "Monster Mom" would only visit our house once a month or so. Nowadays she's here to stay and I can't get her to leave. Maybe my boys have been off. Maybe they are teething. Perhaps they are just sick, or perhaps I have been spoiling them too much and I'm now suffering the consequences. Either way I'm afraid the neighbors are going to call and report me after all the yelling I've done. And at the same time they are probably also wondering why it is that I am having another, and if that's really a good idea.

Our house still has not recovered from the redoing of our hardwood floor. My children have spent most of the mornings crying- and when they wake up from their nap they are not much better. They have made bigger messes then normal with their food lately- like I need help making messes on the floor. Thank you children for giving mommy yet another reason to bend over! And to top off all the irritants, there is the irritant of just being sick of being irritated.

The worst part is when I get like this I can't send my children to a sitter and sit down and relax- or get things done. Instead I feel so awful for being so awful, and I want to be around my children so I feel like I can make up for how horrible I was to them. In reality the smart thing to do would be to call Grandma and Grandpa, and make my husband take me to Dairy Queen.

If you come around me please forgive me if I seem unsocial. Some days I'm just too exhausted to try and strike up a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment